CompactPCI® Serial Quad PCI Express® Mini Card Carrier Board
Six Antenna Connectors for Wireless Radio Applications (WLAN, WWAN, GNSS)
Additional mSATA SSD Module Socket
The SP4-MAMBO requires a single PCI Express® lane from
the backplane, passed over across the connector P1 to a
PCIe Gen2 packet switch (upstream port). The PCIe
downstream ports from the switch are used to supply
each Mini Card socket with an individual PCI Express® link,
as required e.g. by WLAN Mini Cards. Another port from the
PCIe packet switch feeds an on-board USB 2.0 controller,
which is required for USB type Mini Cards, such as most modems.
The related SIM card holders are suitable for 15mm x 12mm
Micro SIM cards, which are most widely in use.
Any CompactPCI® Serial peripheral slot - in addition to its PCIe link -
may provide a SATA channel and also an USB port, available from the
backplane via connector P1. These ports are both routed to the optional
on-board mSATA socket (SSD storage module). The SATA Rx/Tx signals are
reconditioned by a 6Gbps SATA redriver, for optimum signal integrity.
The mSATA connector can be used also with an USB style Mini Card.
The associated Micro SIM card holder is positioned below the Mini Card
module itself, due to space restrictions on the SP4-MAMBO PCB.
- PICMG® CompactPCI® Serial Standard (CPCI-S.0) Peripheral Slot Card
- Single Size Eurocard 3U 4HP 100x160mm2
- Backplane Connector P1 (PCIe x 1, USB 2.0, SATA)
- PCI Express® Interface
- Gen2 PCI Express® 6-port packet switch
- Upstream port: PCI Express® x 1 Gen2 (5.0Gbps) or Gen1 (2.5Gbps) supported
- Downstream ports: 4 x PCIe Mini Card, 1 x PCIe quad port USB controller
- PCI Express® Mini Card
- 4 x PCI Express® Mini Card sockets, full-size or half-size modules
- 4 x Micro SIM card holder associated (15mm x 12mm ETSI TS 102 221 V9.0.0, Mini-UICC)
- PCI Express® Mini Cards of both styles supported: USB and PCIe based
- Six F/P antenna connectors SMA R/P for MIMO wireless applications
- Custom specific F/P design for additional pigtail antenna connectors (8HP width)
- mSATA Socket
- mSATA socket suitable for a SATA SSD storage module or USB type Mini Card
- SATA 6G redrivers on-board for optimum signal integrity
- Micro SIM card holder associated (15mm x 12mm)
- mSATA requires SATA channel available from P1 backplane connector
- USB style Mini Card (mSATA socket) requires USB available from P1 backplane connector
- Wireless networking (WWAN LTE) with or w/o data transfer rate aggregation
- Industrial WLAN/Bluetooth communication - IoT
- Popular Mini Card sockets for general use, either PCIe based or USB 2.0 based Mini Cards
- Special SKU SP4-0980-MAMBO available - octal CAN 2.0B interface with 4 x Peak PCAN dual-port CAN modules
- Environment & Regulation
- Designed & manufactured in Germany
- Certified quality management according to ISO 9001
- Long term availability
- Rugged solution (coating/sealing available on request)
- RoHS compliant
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +70°C (industrial temperature range on request)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C, max. gradient 5°C/min
- Humidity 5% ... 95% RH non condensing
- Altitude -300m ... +3000m
- Shock 15g 0.33ms, 6g 6ms
- Vibration 1g 5-2000Hz
- MTBF 39.6 years
- EC Regulations EN55022, EN55024, EN60950-1 (UL60950-1/IEC60950-1)
SP4-MAMBO - Simplified Block Diagram
Octal CAN 2.0B (4 x Peak PCAN Dual-Port Modules)
The SP4-MAMBO is also available with custom specific front panel design, e.g. for non-radio applications.
Available as SKU, the picture below shows the multi-port CAN 2.0B interface solution SP4-0980-MAMBO.
All CAN ports are isolated against each other and GND.
The SP4-0980-MAMBO is equipped with up to 4 dual-port CAN 2.0B modules (Peak PCAN).
By default, all ports are wired to a common 25-pin D-Sub front panel connector.
If individual 9-pin connectors would be required, a wider front panel e.g. 8HP or 12HP
width must be considered, due to space restrictions.
SP4-0980-MAMBO (Octal CAN 2.0B)
Special Features SP4-0980-MAMBO • CAN 2.0B
- PCIe Mini Card Module(s)
- Up to 4 x Peak System PCAN-miniPCIe dual channel CAN I/O module
- 2 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11989-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Bus length up to 13km
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 300 V, separate for each CAN channel
- Full device driver support Windows 10, 8.1, 7 and Linux 32/64-bit
- Programming interface PCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- Programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector
- Custom specific fan-out cable from Mini Card modules to front panel connector
- Front Panel
- D-SUB 25-pin male connector, CAN 2.0B isolated I/O
- Alternate front panel design for D-SUB 9-pin connectors on request (8/12HP width)
- Test systems for the automotive industry
- Industrial control and automation systems (IoT)
Please refer to
List 21 for popular SKU